GSM Association has announced the winners of the annual Global Mobile Awards (Glomo). This year there were eight competing categories, each with at least few subcategories.
The main categories are:
- Category 1: The Connected Life Awards
- Category 2: Best Mobile Services
- Category 3: Social & Economic Development
- Category 4: Best Mobile Apps
- Category 5: Best Mobile Handsets & Devices
- Category 6: Best Mobile Technology
- Category 7: Government Excellence Awards
- Category 8: Outstanding Achievement
We won’t list all winners, but here are some of the highlights.
- BEST SMARTPHONE 2015 – SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE
- BEST LOW COST SMARTPHONE (SUB $100) – XIAOMI REDMI 2
- BEST MOBILE TABLET – MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4
- BEST WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY – ACTIVHEARTS heart reate measuring headphones
- BEST CONNECTED CONSUMER ELECTRONIC DEVICE – SAMSUNG GEAR S2
- BEST OVERALL MOBILE APP (JUDGE’S CHOICE) – GOOGLE CARDBOARD
- BEST MOBILE MUSIC APP – SOUNDCLOUD APP
- BEST NEW MOBILE DEVICE AT MWC 2016 – LG G5
If you want to learn all the winners and get more info on each of them, you should check the official awards page.
The LG G5 was chosen as the best new device introduced at the MWC 2016 while the LG G5 & Friends accessories were among the most loved gadgets at the expo.